The Ten Commandments From God
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy God in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house,
thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife,
nor anything that is thy neighbour's.
The Old Testament to Christians is the first half of the Bible,
to the Jewsish people the Old Testament is the complete Bible. The word Tanakh is an acronym for
the Torah meaning Law, the Nebiim meaning Prophets, the Kethubim meaning Writings.
It's the first covenant with God and Israel from Genesis through Deuteronomy, the Pentateuch.
The rest of the books are from Joshua through Malachi.
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
The History of Israel
1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther
The Wisdom Books
Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
The Major Prophets
Isaish, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
The Minor Prophets
Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi